Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Few Ode-to-WKU Letters...

A beautiful campus, located on top of the only hill in Bowling Green, KY.
Our school mascot. Supposedly, red blobs represent a "hill-topper."
Just saying "hilltoppers" did not prepare me for the breath-taking (literally) campus.



Dear WKU, School of "the Hill-Toppers",
   I know that you think that your steep hills and practically vertical stair cases are "good for my health" but in actuality I prefer life, not death.
     Sincerely,
       I'm Completely Out of Breath

Dear WKU,
   I know that as a student of your University I am considered a "hill-topper"; however, the truth of the matter is... I don't "top" hills. Heck, I can't even skip-to-my-lou.
     Sincerely,
      I Despise Walking On Up Campus

**Slight Dramatization**
 

Dear Subway on Campus,
   When I ask for extra napkins, I would appreciate it if you pretended NOT to know they were for mopping up my sweating face. It's your fault you are located at the top of the hill. Not mine.
     Sincerely,
Next Time I'll Pack My Own Lunch and Napkins

Dear Subway on Campus,
   Why didn't you tell me that you aren't the only Subway on campus, and that there was one closer to my office building??
     Sincerely,
       Slightly Peeved and Still Out of Breath

Dear Young and Slightly Vain Students,
    I know how inviting the grassy knoll in the middle of campus is, but it is not actually for you to lay sunbathing on.
     Sincerely,
I've Never Seen That Many Bikinis On Campus Before

Dear Lost Freshman,
    Please. When you are standing in between classrooms 110 and 109 -- don't ask me if I can help you find room 107 with a confused look on your face.
    Sincerely,
     Guess Who Is Unobservant?


3 comments:

  1. Walking up a hill that you did not know was there was like the day I took you snipe hunting :-) You liked that too :-) Want to go again :-)

    ReplyDelete