Friday, September 18, 2009

My Playlist for Today

My dear Aunt Julie put her playlist on her Blog, and I thought that would be fun to do too!!


Here are some of my favorite artists and songs… Some might be a little bit silly, and some might make me cry, but here they are!

1. Where I Belong – by Cory Asbury



The chorus says, “I finally found where I belong. I finally found where I belong – in His presence. I finally found where I belong – it’s to be with You.”, and then later says “I am my Beloved’s and He is mine, so come into Your garden and take delight in me.” These lyrics are so beautiful! I know it’s cheesy, but it “strikes the chords in my heart.”




2. Love is Little, Love is Low – it’s on old Shaker’s Hymn, and my favorite version is played by Aubrey Atwater on her Mountain Dulcimer.










3. Lost at Sea – by Jimmy Needham



This has been a favorite of mine since it first came out in 2006 (I believe that’s when it came out… I could be wrong . Really, anything that he sings I love.





4. Mystery – by Brooke Frasier





If you have ever heard of Hillsong, Brooke Frasier is a singer for them. But she also has her own Albums, that are more “secular”… but not at the same time.  I think that I will post a blog soon about the lyrics to this song soon… I really really really like this song.



5. Deathbed – by Reliant K



Ok, first of all. I don’t really like Reliant K. I used to love them, I have all of their CD’s, and sometimes when I feel goofy I’ll listen to them. But this song, as awful as it sounds, makes me cry. I want to post the lyrics on here, so I’ll include this in the blog with the song “Mystery.”



6. My Soul Longs for You – by Misty Edwards


“I believe You will come like the rain.”
*contented, delightful sigh*
Isn’t that beautiful!?


7. I Wish I Were a Punk Rocker With Flowers In My Hair – by Sandi Thom



I really don’t know anything about Sandi Thom, or even if her music is clean or worth listening to… but a friend burned this song for me… and I love it. I love it because of these reasons: 1.) It doesn’t matter what it is, if it has anything to do with flowers in your hair I love it. 2.) It’s a hippy song, and I like hippiness (minus the drugs and no bathing stuff) 3.) I love her voice.


8. Glen Miller. Anything by Glen Miller. I love the Big Band/Swing songs. <3











9. The Mama Mia soundtrack!



I love musicals, so under #9 I include all of the good stuff: Singing in the Rain, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Hairspray, Enchanted, basically anything that is a musical.
I desperately want to see Wicked.


10. Clair de Lune – by Debussy


I love instrumental music, and this by far is my favorite…
I have sat at work and done some mundane task and listened to this at least four times in a row.



1 comment:

  1. Did you forget the "Mouse Dance" and "Waltzing with Bears"?

    ReplyDelete