Thursday, November 12, 2009

Clumsy and Embarassing Moment # 8,827

I've never had a guy wink at me before. Until today.
I've never fallen up the stairs. Until today.

I'm walking up the stairs to go to my table on the third floor of the Library.
And this guy is rounding the corner to come down the stairs.
He stops just at the top of the stairs, grins... and winks.
Well, I have never had that happen before. And it shocked me.
So what did I do?
Stare at him with my mouth wide open, gaping in surprise, and stumble. up. the. stairs.
Great. Not only was I feeling really embarassed and awkward from the wink, but now I get to add to my feelings the sheer mortification of almost falling down - going up the stairs.
Sigh...
My life is average awkward.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! this is so funny! I had a similar experience this summer when i went to disney world with my sister and brother in law.. In the resort there was this guy who was staying the same week we were .. well he would smile at me every time he walked by me and I thought he was perfectly beautiful... well every time i saw him i would trip over my feet!!! He would laugh and walk on and i would be red as could be! Every time I saw him i was extra careful to watch my feet.. i usually tripped anyway!

    I love that you have a blog!! I should so do this!

    ReplyDelete