Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Lists and More Lists!

So today I was reading a blog written by my Aunt Julie. In this blog she referred to her love for lists...

I also have this love for making lists.
 I make lists for everything. Literally. I make my lists on post it notes, in notebooks, in the margins of my textbooks (in pencil, of course), in emails, on newspapers, or on the offering envelopes at church (I know, I know, that's not what they are for.) I write them on everything, and I am constantly making them. If I were paid a penny for every list that I made I would 1.) be a millionaire 2.) be able to pay for my college 3.) probably not go to grad-school and 4.) buy too many cook books and craft supplies. (Ha! Just realized, that's a list!)
So it's a good thing I don't get paid for making lists... :-)

Here are some examples of the lists that I make daily.

1. Grocery Lists - these lists can be quite numerous and extensive. I have a list for recipes that I want to try, a list for recipes I am going to try this week, a list for the ingrediants to those recipes, a list that includes all of my groceries, a list dividing food items and non-food items, a list for each store, etc. When I say I make lists, it gets a little OCD - I go all out!


2. To Do Lists - these are the best. I make lists for homework, lists for goals for the day, lists for recipes to make, crafts to make, pictures to take, places to go, people to spend time with, etc. These lists for each day are all written down in 15 minute incriments of time. And I make two each day: one for today and one for tomorrow (even though the next day (the "tomorrow" list) I will make one all over again).
 
3. Journal Lists - I love to journal, and 75% of my journal is filled with lists! These lists are different every day... some days I fill the pages of my scrappy, torn and smudged notebook with lists of dreams. Other days it's "my favorite" lists, goals to accomplish, wish lists, things I have been thinking about, things that have changed in my life, etc.
 
So, as you can see... I love to make lists. I always have, and I always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment