Monday, March 1, 2010

Thoughts for the day....

1) I love wearing the color mustard-yellow. And clothes that people wouldn't normally put together. No, I don't wear these mis-matched outfits all the time... mainly because I'm lacking on clothes right now... but when I do, I just love it. It builds confidence. Haha. That's funny. The style that most people don't like or prefer, is the one that just lets me "wear joy on my sleeves". =) For example, here is my outfit for today. I'm wearing a mustard three-quarter length sleeved shirt, with a dressy lacy short sleeve open thing, with a mint-colored bird pin, a necklace made of recycled paper by beautiful children in Sudan, and shoes with flowers on them. My friend, Andy, commented this morning and said it makes him think of Woodstock.

2) I don't blog consistantly. It's always a goal of mine, to blog more often, I just struggle with finding the time. And when I do find the time to blog, I could sit and write forever. I have revelations from my times with Jesus, 100 point lists, stories, analogys, recipes and ideas all piled up in my head... that I would love to share with you. So yeah... one more time, I'm making the goal to blog more.

3) I followed the advice of a friend, H.L. Hussmann (who has an awesome blog here), and spent time with Jesus a little bit differently. I went through my whole day with Him. I know He's always interested in my life, and wants me to share it with Him... but do I ever do that? Do I ever take the time to tell him everything I did that day, and all my thoughts and feelings that occured in the past 24 hours? Nope. I sure don't. So I did. And it was just.... really.... fantastic. Yes, I spend time with Jesus. No, I don't tell Him about my day during out talks. And when I did today, it was wonderful. I was conversing with my best friend, and I know He loved it. Not only did it feel great, but He sure did give me some revelation about some things that I never would have thought of had I not talked with Him about it.

4) Boy, am I blessed in friendships. I never have had so many best friends in my life.... it's grand.

5) I can't wait to blog about how Jesus shows us He loves us. I just want to show you how, no matter what you look at, you should see how much He loves you! It's a crazy kind of love!

6) I love all natural peanut butter. It tastes great.

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool. I totally agree with the hanging with Jesus bit. He made me laugh out loud the other day. (I hardly ever do that unless I'm with other people... but I realized that he was real enough for me to appreciate his sense of humor). Today, he said we should listen to Skillet while goofing off in our room.

    This new hang out way of life... I like it.

    ReplyDelete