Wednesday, February 3, 2010

There's the Wish-List, the To-Do List, and the Oh-Why-Don't-I-Have-Time-To-Do-This List and more

1. The To-Do-List
  • Remember to get my Christ Ambassadors name-tag to bring to our meeting tonight... I've been "absent" for a year... oops.
  • Work out at the gym with Bethany.
  • Try and find one hour that I can sit down and research for my paper... the topic is "How media influences body image in America." Basically it's a paper on literature review.
  • Try and find the time to eat dinner before Wednesday Word and Worship.
  • After Wednesday Word and Worship read "The Case for Trent" for my social work class and review for my Com 161 quiz in the morning...
  • Realize that it will be impossible to go to bed before 10:00 with a horrendous list like this.
2. The Wish-I-Could List


  • I wish I was a creative photographer with the ability to take unique, and stirring photographs.
  • I wish I had the time to read all the books that I want to.
  • I wish I could sing... really well.
  • I wish I could play the guitar... that I was so good at it that I could just sit in my room playing any and every worship song that I could imagine. And maybe write one of my own.
  • I wish I had better memory skills... I wish that I could look at a Bible verse and BAM! have it memorized... that I could retain awesome and crucial information about creation and apologetics.
  • I wish I could accept change more... I wish that when something new in my life happened, it didn't completely throw everything off for me... causing me to re-adjust everything... which is so difficult. I wish I liked change better. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not a complete rebel towards change... but I can't deny the fact that big changes stress me out. It's not a bad thing, it doesn't ruin my life or my day... I just tend to be more stressed, physically and emotionally.
  • I wish I could captivate an audiance with words... both verbal and written. Several of my friends have amazing blogs, and they are all spectacular writers. Yes, I write well... I'm detailed, yes. I'm creative, yes. I have a love of fairies and elves and gardens, yes. But my writings don't bring revelation to the reader.
3. The Oh-Why-Don't-I-Have-Time-To-Do-This List
  • I wish that I could bake and cook more... so many times people ask me to cook them something... they will even pay for all the ingrediants! Well, that sounds like heaven to me... but I normally don't have the time.
  • I wish that I could spend infinate amounts of time with people... I want to have enough time on my hands that I could balance spending more time with people.... with my friends, with people I could pour into, with people that evoke great discussions, with people who make me laugh, and those with stories that make me cry. 
  • Yet, I still wish to be able to spend more time alone... I want to be able to sit in the presence of God... meditating on Him... knowing that He is my own. I want to sit in my room, quietly with a book. I want to sit in a rocking chair, alone, and knit while talking to my Best Friend. I want to lay on my back in a graceful (yes, graceful... it works for me right now) patch of grass and flowers and stare at the sky, playing the cloud-shape game by myself...
  • I wish I could go to bed earlier. I wish that I didn't have this amazing book that I want to read, no matter the price of not sleeping.
  • I wish I could read more. I wish that I could read a book a day... I can read a book a day, for I am a speed reader... it's just that I don't have the time to read a book a day.

2 comments:

  1. Who's to say that your blog doesn't bring the reader revelation? Revelation comes through living life...reflecting on the past and letting God show us how to change. You write about living life daily. People are bound to get revelation as a direct result of your writing, so I wouldn't underestimate the power of the content in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen. my favorite kind of life is one that's full of ordinary things, but lived extraordinarily.
    that's your's, savannah.
    and i like reading about it.

    as for your words, i love hearing them come out of your mouth.

    ReplyDelete