Monday, January 4, 2010

Christ Ambassadors Conference


S.A.L.T
Stands for Student Something Leadership Training.
It's  the regional yearly conference meeting for Christ Ambassadors, the campus ministry that I am involved in. It is held in either Cincinatti or Indianapolis every year over New Years. This year it was located at Indianapolis and was the 30th to the 2nd. This was my third one. And it was better than all the rest.
I can literally say that this SALT has changed my life. Or rather, that God used this conference to change my life. I'm sorry to say that if I were to write out every detail of what happened, or how God spoke to me that my blogging would end, and I would have started writing a book. So, since I am wanting you to know how God touched my life, I will do it in the good ol' fashion of a list.

1. I knew that before this trip God was really trying to show me how much He loves me, and how He wants to romance me.
2. He set that into stone during a session that I took on meditating on God. I was having trouble with meditating on Him, listening without thinking. I got frustrated and thought, "God! Please help me listen to you!" And immediately I saw myself sitting in a room at a black table. Jesus walked in front of me, sat down and said "Do what I do." So I did. We folded our arms on the table, and put our chins down on our arms. Then He said, "Let's just gaze into each others eyes." I don't care how cheese-ball that sounds to anyone! That was the most wonderful, intimate, personal thing that God could have shown me! Just in that, I felt so overwhelmed with love I could hardly contain it.
3. I went to a spiritual warfare class, and the minute that I stepped into that class I felt such a passion for prayer. I want to be a prayer warrior for spiritual warfare. I felt so passionate about it, and just really had a hunger to grow more in this area! I wanted to take the stories that the teacher was telling and take them back to Murray campus. I want to see miracles happen! And I kept thinking, "Boy. I'm going to lose this passion pretty quick if I can't come up with a reminder for myself. A reminder to keep my desire for all that I have learned here."
4. The last night, January 1st, is what really changed my life. There was an alter call given for those who wanted to recieve the Fire of the Holy Spirit. It was for those who were already baptized in the Holy Spirit and who wanted a refreshing. It was to deepen your desperation for Jesus. And who doesn't want that?! I think that every person in that auditorium left their seats. So here I am, standing at the alter worshiping. And I just wanted to see a deeper, higher level of worship in me. So I started praying for it. And boy did it come. Not only that, but two people came up to me to pray with me, and gave me a prophetic word. It's amazing how God can speak through people to you. These two girls had no clue what they were saying, or what their words meant. But I did. And the words they spoke were, again, so personal and intimate. God just expressed so much love for me. I felt so overwhelmed with love for Him, so desperate for Him, and so filled with a longing to be broken by Him... When I say that I wanted to be broken, I wanted God to get rid of me. I wanted him to take every selfish thing out of my life, and build me back up in Him. I wanted Him to fill me with Himself, and that every thought, word, and action would be completely of Him. And He did. And it changed my life.

5. He brought me into a heart of worship.

So, yeah. SALT was amazing, the best yet. A lot came out of it, and I'm excited to see the change that's going to take place in my life.

3 comments:

  1. Practicing leaving comments...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanking God for your absolutely wonderful experiences with Him at the conference! I also had some one-on-one time with Jesus during Christmas, and it was extraordinary and so needed. Some things had happened that led me to feeling isolated and unloved, and I needed to feel as though someone really understood me and loved me. Jesus did that several times and in many ways. Each time revealed Him because He was the only one who knew what I needed or wanted, and sometimes, I hadn't even expressed those things in prayer -- they were just in my heart, unspoken. It's an incredible feeling, knowing that Jesus loves me that way, very humbling, too. With His love, I was able to cast off the negative feelings and get back to actively serving and loving my family, without hesitation or fear of not being loved back.

    ReplyDelete